Home Forums Family History Fred Firth

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kaz56
      Participant

Would anyone have any info on the death of Fred Firth B-1875 Married 1915 isabella smith Father Edward Firth
      D1928 Bridge croft dye works Milnsbridge – throat cut

janet LeBillon

Just depends what sort of information is required. With a similar answer to previous enquiry, the Huddersfield Examiner will probably have an account of the inquest. I believe they used to appear on a Thursday but if you had the death cerificate to establish the exact date then time would be saved trawling through the newspaper. If this was a suicide, as opposed to a works accident, then it was illegal in those days. Either way it would normally be reported.

SteveWhitwam
      Participant

Fred Firth was born at Kippax in 1875 being the son of Edward Firth and Ruth nee Bickerdike. Edward had been married previously to Ruth and she had also been married previously to Joseph Butler and also for a third time after Edward’s death to James HIrst. Ruth moved to Milnsbridge Linthwaite and she was living there in 1891 and 1901 and also died there in 1907.

Fred married Isabell daughter of Samuel and Betty Smith at Golcar parish Church 22 May 1915

Fred had half siblings on both sides of his family

Is you want any more details please let me know

Steve Whitwam
      sdwhitwam @ gmail

kaz56
      Participant

Thank you Steve lots of info I had not got,is there any info about his death,possible suicide?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.