Home Forums General Requests Townend/Wooldale maps/pictures?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      christine.a
      Participant

I am researching ancestors who owned property and/or lived at Townend, Wooldale back in late 1700s/early 1800s. Doe anyone know of any local historical resources – maps, land ownership plans, documents, photographs, drawings, history articles, family memoirs? I have checked the 1841 & 1851 censuses but drawn a blank on relevant family names. The maps at National Library of Scotland have provided a start, although Townend is just on the edge of one sheet. I grew up nearby so I know that some of the older cottages were demolished when Leyfield Bank estate was built but would really like to find pictures of that row. Any ideas appreciated.

janet LeBillon

Try Kirklees images – there is at least one photograph of Townend but quite a few of Wooldale. These photographs are available to buy.

christine.a
      Participant

Thanks. I already have one Townend photo from Kirklees site – the only one I found previously is taken from just up Cliffe Road looking downhill, towards the end of the row of cottages I am most interested in. But will check Kirklees images again for others. It is only Townend, Wooldale I am looking for at the mo, not Wooldale village.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.